Nubian Message seeks editor applicants for 2012-13
Applications are now being accepted for editor of Nubian Message, the weekly sentinel of the African-American community at N.C. State celebrating its 20th year of publication in 2012-2013. The Nubian Message editor will being his or her term in office the day after the last day of classes in the spring semester and continue until the last day of classes in the following spring.
- The candidate must have been a member of that medium for at least two full semesters.*
- The candidate must have at least two semesters remaining as an N.C. State University student.*
- The candidate must have at least a 2.50 cumulative grade point average and must maintain a 2.50 semester and cumulative GPA.
- The candidate must be a full-time N.C. State University student.
- The candidate must be free of active disciplinary sanctions, subject to the review of the Office of Student Conduct.
- The candidate must agree to attend all required training.
- For the University regulation for undergraduate student leadership, consult regulation 11.55.6.
* The board may decide to waive this requirement.
STEP ONE: The position package — due March 29, noon, 305 Witherspoon
The position package (one-page cover letter, one-page resume and transcript) is due by noon to Martha Collins in 305 Witherspoon Student Center. As we are a deadline-driven organization, packages won’t be accepted, copied or distributed late. The position package should consist of a cover letter, a resume and up to five pages (one-sided, black-and-white) and an unofficial copy of your transcript. For more suggestions on what you might include in your position package, visit with any of the Student Media professional staff members or student leaders.
STEP TWO: Meet with advisory board — date, time, place TBA
This group will meet at a place and time to be determined to interview the candidates for top leaders and will make a recommendation to the Student Media Board of Directors.
STEP THREE: The interview — April 10, 7 p.m., 201 Witherspoon
The members of the Board of Directors hire the top editors and managers. Candidates may contact members of the Board and may answer questions prior to the meeting. During the meeting, each candidate will be given time to answer questions, ask questions and/or give a statement. Results will be announced immediately following the Board meeting.