Student Media seeks applications for 2012-2013 student leaders
Applications are now being accepted for editor-in-chief of Agromeck yearbook, Nubian Message, Technician, Windhover literary and arts magazine and managers of the business office and WKNC.
- The candidate must have been a member of that media for at least two full semesters.*
- The candidate must have at least two semesters remaining as an N.C. State University student.*
- The candidate must have at least a 2.50 cumulative grade point average and must maintain a 2.50 semester and cumulative GPA.
- The candidate must be a full-time N.C. State University student.
- The candidate must be free of active disciplinary sanctions, subject to the review of the Office of Student Conduct.
- The candidate must agree to attend all required training.**
- For the University regulation for undergraduate student leadership, consult regulation 11.55.6.
* The board may decide to waive this requirement. ** For the Technician editor, this includes the Management Seminar for College News Editors in Georgia in July as well as retreat the weekend before school starts in the fall and spring. For the Agromeck editor and senior staff, this includes a summer workshop TBD.
STEP ONE: The position package — due Feb. 23, noon, 305 Witherspoon
The position package (two-page cover letter, one-page resume and transcript) is due by noon to Martha Collins in 305 Witherspoon Student Center. As we are a deadline-driven organization, packages won’t be accepted, copied or distributed late. The position package should consist of a cover letter, a resume and up to five pages (one-sided, black-and-white) and an unofficial copy of your transcript. For more suggestions on what you might include in your position package, visit with any of the Student Media professional staff members or student leaders.
STEP TWO: Meet with advisory board — date, time, place TBA
This group will meet at a place and time to be determined to interview the candidates for top leaders and will make a recommendation to the Student Media Board of Directors.
STEP THREE: The forum — Thursday, March 1, 7 p.m., Walnut Room, Talley
Anyone across campus will have opportunity to ask you questions at the Candidate’s Forum. This is a chance for you to make a formal presentation of 3-4 minutes and then to answer questions from the audience in an open forum.
STEP FOUR: The interview — March 13, 7 p.m., 201 Witherspoon The members of the Board of Directors hire the top editors and managers. Candidates may contact members of the Board and may answer questions prior to the meeting. During the meeting, each candidate will be given time to answer questions, ask questions and/or give a statement. Results will be announced immediately following the Board meeting.