We have updated this page, please read everything.
*Only 5 works from each category (fiction, poetry, visual etc.) from each author/artist will be accepted. Please send no more than 5.*
When submitting your work, email copies suitable for publishing in the physical copy of Windhover. If needed, the editor will convert your work to a format that suitable for web publishing.
Images: TIFF, 600 dpi, CMYK
Audio: WAV, AIFF or FLAC, 44.1 kbit/s
It is possible for the editor to request a revision of your piece. This does not guarantee acceptance, merely it helps narrow pieces that are in the “hold” stage.
All submissions must be from North Carolina State University students, faculty, staff or alumni. If the work is co-owned or co-created, only one member must be in someway affiliated with North Carolina State University. Windhover shall have no obligation to review, evaluate or publish the submission, nor shall be under any obligation whatsoever to you with respect to the submission, though we will notifiy you if you are selected for the current edition. Windhover is copyright NCSU Student Media, however the owner(s) and creator(s) retain ownership of their individual works after submission. This is a ”First North American Rights” contract wherein Windhover publishes it first, after which the author of the work can do whatever they want with it, for profit or otherwise, and Windhover lays no claim to anything beyond that first publication.
By submitting any content, including but not limited to text, images, audio or video, you certify that:
1. You are the owner or co-owner of the submission. If co-owned, all parties agree to the submission of the work;
2. If there is any trademark, you are the trademark holder;
3. You are not prohibited by any prior agreement or law from the transfer of non-exclusive electronic rights to the work;
4. You accept sole responsibility for any false statements or encumbrances upon rights not disclosed to us;
5. You will allow Windhover to use the material in the online edition of the publication, as well as that year’s annual publication;
6. You agree, by submitting content, to not hold Windhover responsible for any injury, including but not limited to consequential, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive or any other damages whatsoever whether they be mental or physical, resulting from the publication of the submission;
7. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Windhover, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, expenses, losses or liabilities including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees and punitive damages that may be asserted against or incurred by Windhover at any time in connection with the Submission, or any use thereof, including, without limitation, those arising from any breach, or alleged breach, of the warranties, representations and promises provided by you to by Windhover.