While we would love to accept all people who aspire to venture out on journalistic endeavors, you must meet all of the following requirements in order to be a part of SCJ:
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- One semester in Student Media
- Current, active member of N.C. State Student Media
After you’ve met those requirements, you’ll need to do the following:
- Submit a 500-word essay on the role of journalism and the journalist on the college campus.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a peer and/or adviser. This recommendation may come from a current SCJ member.
- At the SCJ interview, present a brief statement that explains why you have applied for membership, what qualifications and expertise you offer, and how you will serve and benefit the N.C. State Chapter of SCJ.
Applications are accepted at the beginning of both the fall and spring semesters.