It’s application season! SCJ is now accepting applications for new members. Applications are due Jan. 27 at noon to Martha.
Applicants should meet all of the following requirements in order to be a part of SCJ:
- have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- have completed at least one semester in Student Media
- be a current and active member of Student Media
To complete the application, applicants must:
- Submit a 500-word essay on the role of journalism and the journalist on the college campus.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a peer and/or adviser. This recommendation may come from a current SCJ member.
- At the SCJ interview, present a brief statement that explains why you have applied for membership, what qualifications and expertise you offer, and
how you will serve and benefit the N.C. State Chapter of SCJ. The interview will take place Jan. 29. Time and location
to be announced.
New member inductions will be Feb. 5.