Three women hold five awards among them.

2011 Editor-in-Chief Susannah Brinkley, Staff Writer Nikki Stoudt and Design Editor Chelsea Brown at the Associated Collegiate Press Convention in Chicago, Ill. Saturday.

2010-2011 Editor-in-Chief Susannah Brinkley accepted Agromeck’s fifth consecutive Pacemaker award at the Associated Collegiate Press Convention in Chicago, Ill. Saturday night.

The 2011 Agromeck was one of only seven college yearbooks to receive the award, which is considered by many to be collegiate journalism’s highest honor.

“I’m so humbled that I could continue the trend and produce another award-winning book,” Brinkley said. “It was an incredible experience and I am brimming with pride at the work my staff, advisers and I did together — I couldn’t have done this without their help.”

The 2012 Agromeck, edited by Kathryn Glaser, won first place in the convention’s “Yearbook Best of Show” competition. The 2012 Yearbook Pacemaker winners will be announced at the 2013 convention in New Orleans, La.

Agromeck photographers Brent Kitchen and Jordan Moore won ACP photo excellence awards for photographs published in the 2012 edition. Kitchen won first in spot news photography and Moore won fourth in feature photography. Kitchen served as sports editor of the 2011 Agromeck and Moore served as photo editor of the 2012 edition.

Agromeck designer Sarah Stadler won fifth place in infographics for “Occupy the World,” a spread she designed for the 2012 edition. Stadler served as design editor for the 2011 book.

“It is our earnest hope that other volumes of ‘The Agromeck’ will be produced, not like this one, but better. The class of ’03 has set the pace — let the classes hereafter follow suit.” 

-The Editors, 1903

Written by asanche2